Job description / Role
• Work closely with major project team & contractors to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of infrastructure for project offices and provision of the remote connectivity.
• Create and update the network documentation and ensure that the network is deployed based on the project requirements in alignment with Qatargas internal policies and procedures.
• Work non-traditional hours when necessary to support the business users and fix the network related issues.
• Carries out agreed operational procedures associated with operating and controlling the installed (or virtual) hardware and software. This may include configuration and maintenance of multiple hardware or software platforms. Implements maintenance routines, utilizing the appropriate tools and test equipment. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary (ITOP 301)
• Uses infrastructure management tools to collect and report on load and performance data and statistics. Carries out required monitoring, logging and reporting tasks. (ITOP 302)
• Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution. Investigates, diagnoses and resolves low impact operational problems following incident management procedures, within service level agreement tolerances, referring to users, other staff, and suppliers, as necessary. Takes action on known errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and advising supervisor or specialists when management or specialist attention is required (ITOP 304)
• Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client (HSIN 301)
• Assists in producing simple architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology. (NTDS 302)
• Applies standard user/system interfaces, including reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures. (NTDS 303)
• Investigates potential and actual service problems and recommends solutions. Analyses change and system requests. Follows formal procedures to plan and test proposed solutions. (SYSP 302)
• Collects performance data to monitor system efficiency against published service level agreements. Monitors both resource usage and failure rates of installed systems and provides feedback to management. (SYSP 304)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
Knowledge and/or Experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
• Competent knowledge in core network & security technologies Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
Technical and Business Skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge
• Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.