Job description / Role
Maintaining our reputation as a leading worldwide professional service organisation requires a highly skilled, knowledgeable, energetic team to manage our internal business functions. As a part of this diverse and talented group of individuals, you’ll play a vital role in EY’s success.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Assistant Director to join our core business support team (CBS). This position is responsible for managing the facilities services delivered to our offices. The Facilities Manager ensures effective delivery of Facilities-related services and supervision of all facilities staff; trains and develops facilities staff and assists with facilities budgets and operational costs.
Your key responsibilities
Manage the day to day operations of the Facilities Management Services (FMS), ensuring exceptional service delivery and support is provided. Activities are performed in a proactive, collaborative and cost effective manner and aligned to the overall objectives of the AWS strategy, model and in support of the Function Leader. Other key responsibilities include:
• Liaise and coordinate with building management and external suppliers on alterations, reconfiguration and construction General upkeep of office cleanliness, neatness and arrangements
• Independently manage and respond to urgent administrative queries facilitating the delivery of effective solutions
• Ensure all office supplies, equipment, furniture, etc. are maintained and stored in a clean and safe environment
• Execute the Facilities Management plan ensuring work is completed within allocated budget
• Prepare annual facilities budget, ensuring work is provided within allocated budget, and provide management reports on a periodic basis
• Ensure suppliers provide adequate services and work to both financial and quality standards
• Manage purchasing and procurement orders relating to office equipment, furniture, supplies and services; general stationery, food provisions and refreshments, etc.
• Negotiate and recommend execution of contracts for purchase of supplies, provisions, services and equipment
• Act as a point of contact for staff queries and resolve any operational support issues
• Interact with the local vendors for facilities management services; cleaning, maintenance, stationery, food and beverages, refurbishment, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
• Highly motivated work ethic, with the ability to recognize when a job needs to be done and the capability to do it completely, assuming responsibility for total quality
• Ability to handle administrative duties and day-to-day issues independently, assuming responsibility without direct supervision
• Ability to cope with a role that involves the transactional and operational as well as bigger picture thinking
To qualify for the role you must have
• A minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
• A bachelor degree preferably in a technical discipline
• Knowledge of health, safety and office security rules
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Dynamic person, with strong organizational skills;
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Computer literacy, familiar with MS office package
• The ability to manage an unpredictable workload
What we look for:
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads and the ability to manage a team. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.