Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Officer – Document Controller
DEPARTMENT: Oryx Engineering Services
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision for compiling, maintaining records and examining documents to ensure procedures are followed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and evaluate the project environment and existing document management processes
• Carry out the design and development of project document control systems
• Establish control and check points to allow for continuous monitoring of procedure implementation.
• Continuously identify opportunities of enhancements in the document control processes.
• Develop and maintain open communications and positive working relationships with all project participants providing advice and support when required.
• Provide system reports
• Maintain and update electronic information systems, distributing documents, ensuring accuracy of all documentation
• Ensure regulatory procedures and changes are followed
• Compiles and maintains control records and related files to release blueprints, drawings and engineering documents
• Examines documents, such as blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications to verify accuracy of data
• In charge for the labelling of the document title and codes
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (CE, ME, EE) or diploma in Engineering
At least 5 years related work experience in office work, documentation and control
Knowledge of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering disciplines
Solid technical background
Team working ability
Proven experience in the design and development of document control procedures. Previous experience working in a mechanical or electrical engineering background. Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of procedures. Attentive to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.