Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Officer – HSE
DEPARTMENT: Oryx Engineering Services
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Quality Manager
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision for all Health and Safety policies and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare, review and implement all HSE procedures and processes
• Responsible for HSE induction of employees and sub-contractors working with OES
• Must actively participate in ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000 procedures and implementation
• Ensure that all procedures are prepared in line with ORYX quality assurance safety procedures
• Be able to explain Health and Safety to existing and new employees
• Actively look for improvements in Health and safety
• Follow up with the correct procedure on accidents, injuries taken place in the workshop
• Conduct and compile risk assessments for the site in Ras Laffan
• Monitor site cleanliness and site house keeping
• Prepare weekly, monthly HSE reports as requested
• Conduct daily toolbox meeting
• Compile a safety checklist for employees to use
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have working knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures. Must have 5 years experience in a similar role. Should demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision – making skills, be able to think quickly and act accordingly, following procedures and process regarding certain situations.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of procedures. Attentive to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Engineer / Safety Officer
Manpower Middle East
Health & Safety Manager - Facilities Management
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar