Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Offshore Structural Designer to join our team in Qatar on a short term basis (6 months). In t his role you are collaborating with a team of designers and engineers, where you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in supporting the group's objectives across EPC, PMC, FEED, Pre-FEED, Concept and Feasibility scopes of work in the region. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures for Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Adheres to Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work.
- Responsible for making sure their drawings and modelling adhere to Wood, Client, project, and/or all regulatory standards.
- Carrying out various 3D modelling activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed projects such as but not limited to Concrete & Steel structures, Piperacks, all Deck structures and appurtenances, Jacket Structures, and appurtenances etc.
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy, and content of all project deliverables. Responsible for the self-checking attitude prior issuing drawings for checking (run a clash check in the 3D model of the items or area shown on the drawing, ensures structural compliance with structural specifications, connectivity of steel members is maintained, piece-marking system is in accordance with established guidelines, position and orientation of sites, zones, and strus are maintained etc.).
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the engineering deliverables and ensuring that the other disciplines' input is incorporated.
- Responsible for interfacing with other disciplines to resolve any clashes that may be arise. If the clash cannot be resolved easily or will be resolved later, then it should be noted down according to procedures.
- Performs site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations, both onshore and offshore.
- Plans assigned work effectively and obtains/provides information liaising with the project team and line manager, in time to control man-hours and achieve targets.
- Participates in project reviews, design reviews, audits and other workshops as required.
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in fields of expertise.
- Takes a proactive approach to personal & professional development.
- Seeks and supports opportunities for department and project improvement, contributing to the development of solutions.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Experienced with Civil and Structural 2D and 3D design tools such as Hexagon SP3D, Aveva E3D, Bentley AutoPlant, PDMS, PDS, Tekla, AutoCAD, Microstation etc. Aveva E3D experience is essential
- Experienced in creating engineering and fabrication drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, foundation drawings, underground details and other concrete/steel for both onshore and offshore facilities.
- Preferably the successful candidate will have experience in building and architecture design, for both onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities.
- Experienced in planning and development of the facility Plot Plan focusing on equipment and piping supporting structures, foundation strategies, site arrangement etc. for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Has experience with Qatar Oil & Gas customer design standards including Shell DEPs and international design codes and standards.
- Has experience with plot plan and 3D model reviews for onshore and offshore facilities.
- Experienced in preparation of material take-offs and assist with cost estimates.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with good verbal, written communication skills and good organisational awareness.
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Applicants are required to:
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from June 2023
- HNC or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering or similar related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Open attitude and willingness to learn and improve.
- Willing to be part of a team, but also have a flexible approach when required to work in small groups.
- Good at problem-solving, logical, and methodical.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Demonstrate a good level of written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
- Should also be able to work independently.
- Be willing and able to represent Wood in both onshore and offshore surveys, holding relevant certification or willing to undertake suitable training such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.