Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Field Engineer –, you will:
- Perform on-site installation, Commissioning, refurbishment, Startup, Maintenance,
- Trouble Shooting & Upgrading of synchronous and induction machines and excitation & AVR systems.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
- Writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, timesheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Technical degree in Electrical/ Mechanical or correlated area by an accredited Educational Institution.
- Experience with maintenance and installation of electrical Machines.
- Experience in customer relationship management and customer service.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
- Knowledge of the office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Inclusion & Diversity
At GE Power Conversion, our systems help electrify the world and reduce energy consumption. We are committed to building a more sustainable world for everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive employer, focused on creating a work environment where diversity is encouraged. Join us to see what we can achieve together.
About GE Power Conversion
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.