Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE DEFEND AGAINST EXISTING AND FUTURE THREATS
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that enable armed forces to gain and sustain operational effectiveness at every step of the mission . Our tactical radios are used by soldiers in over 50 countries, and over 80,000 Thales night vision goggles are in service worldwide. Our armoured patrol and combat vehicles have protected countless military personnel against the effects of IEDs and our radar, sonar and optronics systems are relied upon to detect and identify potential threats. Together each and every member of our defence team makes a difference.
Thales and Thales Raytheon Systems develop air defence radar systems that are capable of handling all threats. Our GROUND Master radars are versatile, multi-role air defence radars that protect key assets and forces. They meet requirements such as high detection performance, high track accuracy, weapon assignment and high operational availability. Our GROUND Master radar systems detect threats including UAVs, missiles, mortars and rockets. The accuracy of data from radars grows increasingly more important to operators and decision-makers entrusted with the protection of assets, passengers, civilians and armed forces. We have set the new industry benchmark in terms of performance, operational availability, compactness, modularity and upgradeability.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN OPERATION & MAINTENANCE MANAGER- SATELLITE COMMUNICATION TO JOIN THE THALES SURFACE RADAR TEAM IN QATAR.
The Operation & Maintenance Manager- Satellite Communication will organize and manage customer's Network Operations Centers (IT, Network, Business Applications etc.).
- Organisation and management of customer Network Operations Centres (IT, network, business applications etc.)
- Participation in customer acceptances in Qatar
- Support, technical assistance and customer training of the system
- Monitoring and management of the delivered system environment
- Accountable for the operation of the overall QECN System
- Daily weekly and monthly customer meetings
Coordination with Operation team for:
- Incident management
- Order capture, assignment and follow up
- Order enforcement based on the order handling performed by the Planning team
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in IT/Computers/Electronics or related field required.
- Knowledge in Satellite Communications Systems (Satellite communications, Orbits and related issues, Communications techniques, Link Budgets, Multiple Access, Signal Processing, Earth Stations, Communication Payload, Platform, etc.), Modem (fast frequency-hopping, etc.), Network and Service Operation (LAN, WAN & MAN IP technologies, QoS policies enforcement, IP security, PSTN & PLMN (or LTE) interworking, interconnection with Combat Network Radio)
- ITIL, Six Sigma and Project Management Qualifications would be advantageous
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Qatar , we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
Thales is a global leader in advanced technologies, investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum computing – to build a confident future crucial for the development of our societies. The Group provides its customers – businesses, organizations and governments – in the defense, aeronautics, space, transport, and digital identity and security domains with solutions, services and products that help them fulfil their critical role, consideration for the individual being the driving force behind all decisions.
Thales has 81,000 employees in 68 countries. In 2020 the Group generated sales of €17 billion and Self-funded R&D 1B€.