Job description / Role
Operation Technician will Monitors, analyze and adjusts process parameters.Performs standard laboratory process testing and maintains accurate records and logs.Coordinate with project teams and assists in the evaluation and implementation of technological improvements and general maintenance follow-up duties.Operation and maintenance master log updating. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Monitored and controlled the water distribution system from SCADA.
• Operated pump stations, elevated storage tanks, motors, valves, and gates to control and regulate water during the treatment process. Maintained lab inline monitoring equipment. Gather samples at designated points along the treatment process and conduct water analysis. Performed minor repairs and notified maintenance when problems exist.
• Calculated chemical dosages and adjust chemical feed rates.
• Data entry using spreadsheets to complete daily water and chemical usage reports,
• maintained update of monthly and annual operational reports.
• Maintained cleanliness in assigned areas and operated office equipment - computers, faxes, copiers, scanners etc.
• Work with engineers on special projects, and capital improvement projects.
• Process various reports, memos and documentation
• Operate the plant as per instructions received from the Supervisor or manager following the health and safety procedure.
• Perform basic troubleshooting and assist the Process Coordinator / Head of Operation specially in cases of trouble shooting or emergency
• Unload chemicals or supervise the unloading procedure by others to ensure safe transfer
• Report to manager any abnormal observation regarding process, equipment and operational parameters and suggest improvements timely.
• Check, report and Verify the quantity of chemicals received, unloaded, quality using format defined by the company.
• Take control of Assigned buildings in Term of Housekeeping, Process, HSEEn and Production
• Note Daily Issues and Follow-up closely for critical Equipment’s affecting process, HSEEn and Production.
• Co-ordinate with Maintenance team for safe Handover and takeover of Equipment’s or Units
• Report Excess usage or low stock of chemicals and its consumables
• Participate in emergency response Activities and coordination within the Emergency team"
• Diploma in Process/ Engineering or sufficient extensive field experience.
• 3 - 10 years’ experience in a similar role in an industrial plant/Oil & Gas, including preferably at least 2 years in a similar role in a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.