Operations & Maintenance Manager (Light Rail) - Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is major consultancy operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Site Representative to manage the Operations & Maintenance team for their Light Rail network in Qatar.
• Developing standards and achieving targets for safety, operations, service reliability, and customer service
• Developing strategies to restore and recover services affected by operational incidents, bad weather, staff shortages or equipment failure
• Acting as a focal point within the Service Delivery team for incidents management and liaising with the emergency services and agencies
• Meeting KPIs according to targets agreed with the O&M Director in the areas of O&M documentation, delivery of study reports, and preparations for launch of service
• Managing the processes and resources to meet requirements for the Light Rail’s customers, e.g. service frequency, punctuality, cleanliness and provision of information
• Assisting with the development and updating of standard operating procedures and work instructions after consultation with customers, local Qatari laws, and engineers’ work methods & processes
• Leading development of plans and processes to ensure infrastructure, trains and other Light Rail assets are safe for operations
• Ensuring environmental impacts arising from maintenance activities are kept to a minimum, and comply with local Qatari legislation and Company policy
• Complying with the company’s CMS Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities or Operational Management
• A Membership to the Institute of Railway Operators would be highly desirable
• At least 10 years’ experience of general operations or maintenance management
• Demonstrable experience of working on an operational Light Rail or Metro Rail network in an engineering and maintenance capacity, such as signalling, rolling stock or civil engineering
• Any experience of management in a railway station or operational control room environment would be preferable
• Thorough understanding of the rail systems basics, such as LOS driving, OCC, signalling systems, ATO, ATP, traction power supply distribution, platform screen doors, communication systems, etc.
• Excellent communication, decision-making, and analytical skills
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Operations & Maintenance Performance Manager (Rail)
Operations and Maintenance Performance Manager (Metro/Rail)
Cobalt Abu Dhabi
Senior Manager - Facilities Management Operations (Large Scale Real Estate)
Ignite Search & Selection