Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - Balancing Machine
DEPARTMENT : Electrical Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to set up and operate Schenck HM 40 and HM60 with a capacity of 3000kg to 20000kg, low speed balancing machines to balance all components to OEM specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain, prepare and calibrate all tools and equipment required for balancing operations.
• Operate forklifts, overhead cranes and other material handling equipment
• Loading of the rotor on bearing pedestals, closing counter bearings and coupling the drive system.
• Selection of most appropriate approved ISO1940 and OEM type related testing procedure.
• Accelerate and decelerate the rotor during measuring run to measure, assess and locate unbalances.
• Analyse measuring run test results and calculate balance tolerances to ISO1940 and OEM specifications.
• Selection of most appropriate approved ISO1940 and OEM balancing procedure.
• Balance components using appropriate approved ISO1940 and OEM milling, drilling or weight attachment.
• Retest and confirm measuring run test results are within peak balancing performance and issue certification.
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness
• Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
• Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
• Maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised electric motor service/repair company and experienced in balancing a wide range of electrical armature rotas and other rotating components. Must be experienced in the use of a wide range of hand and power tools and material handling techniques and certificated to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of balancing systems and procedures. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO / OEM standards and procedures with the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of CAB920 or a similar computer aided balancing measuring system and must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.