Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - Blast and Paint
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Supervisor
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to prepare, blast, clean and paint a wide range of parts and components to OEM specifications for corrosion resistance and aesthetic value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and maintain all tools and equipment required for blasting, cleaning and painting operations.
• Operate forklifts, overhead cranes and other material handling equipment.
• Compliance with material safety data sheets for the safe storage, use and disposal of all materials.
• Select most appropriate approved method of work to remove old finishes as per written work instructions.
• Prepare surfaces for painting by cleaning, sanding, chipping, sand/water blasting and patching as appropriate.
• Paint products in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions for application by hand or pressurised airgun.
• Paint products in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions for coat thickness, curing and drying times.
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner.
• Ensure that all work is completed and inspected as per the approved work procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness.
• Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
• Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
• Maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience and formal training qualifications in industrial paint coating application including performing all types of surface preparation in an internationally recognised service company. Must be experienced in material handling and certificated to operate overhead cranes andforklifts.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skillswith a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge coating systems and applications. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of surface preparation and painting techniques and equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.