Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - HVOF Thermal Spray
DEPARTMENT : Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Workshop Supervisor
To assume the responsibility to prepare, clean and coat components using manual and six axis robotic High Velocity Oxygen Fuel ( HVOF) Thermal Spray equipment to OEM specifications for corrosion and wear resistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, operate, and maintain all specialist tools and equipment required for HVOF coating operations.
- Operate forklifts, overhead cranes and other material handling equipment.
- Compliance with material safety data sheets for the safe storage, use and disposal of all materials.
- Prepare and clean surfaces for coating by degreasing or baking to remove oil or grease contamination.
- Mask off as required and abrasive blast and inspect and confirm surface texture meets specification.
- Measure and record component dimensions before and systematically log all in process measurements.
- Coat products in accordance to manufacturer's instructions for application by hand or robotic programme.
- Coat products in accordance to manufacturer's instructions for coat thickness and measure to verify.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner.
- Ensure that all work is completed on time and inspected as per the approved work procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness
- Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
- Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
- Maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience and formal training qualifications in HVOF thermal spray coating application including performing all types of surface preparation in an internationally recognised engineering service company.
- Must be experienced in material handling and certificated to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Good English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of configuring and operating manual and programming six axis robotic HVOF systems and applications.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.
- Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of surface preparation and coating techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable d uties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the com
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.