Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - Mills and Drills
DEPARTMENT: Machine Shop Section
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Machine Shop Supervisor
- To assume the responsibility to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences to machine components as directed in accordance with client and company requirements and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate machines to manufacture components to tight tolerances and deadlines.
- Verify fixture setup regarding milling, drilling and boring operations to drawing specifications.
- Install, align and secure tooling, attachments and parts on machine and assemble cutting tools in tool holders.
- Monitor spindle position/cutting depth/speed/feed/coolant flow to detect work defects or machine malfunctions.
- Carry out in process dimensional inspections and measurements using a wide range of measuring tools.
- Manually adjust machine settings to correct malfunctions or out of tolerance machining.
- Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
- Maintenance of machine, tools and surrounding area.
- Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
- Maybe required to work offsite in support of the business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline with a recognised apprenticeship ideally from an internationally recognised service/ repair machine-shop/ tool-room environment with 5-7 years experience.
- Must be able to machine components to high tolerances and have core skills in milling, drilling functions including setup for a range of materials.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards with the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.
- Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring equipment and have a proven track record in both metric and imperial dimensions in operating mills and drills machines or equivalent and be experienced in determining machine settings and correcting machine malfunctions.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative with the minimum of amount of supervision and have a flexible approach to the operation and location of different machines, equipment and working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable d uties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.