Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Orthopedic Surgeon to treat patients who require specialist orthopedic procedures to remedy conditions, such as scoliosis, dislocations and fractures, and damage to tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Your responsibilities will include consulting with patients, discussing treatment options, treating patients, overseeing aftercare and physical therapy, and coordinating with other specialists, when necessary.
To be successful as an Orthopedic Surgeon, you must be able to perform various surgical procedures to repair, salvage, or replace bones and joints, reconnect nerves, among others, in order to improve musculoskeletal health.
• Consulting with patients and analyzing patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals.
• Examining patients to diagnose bone, joint, ligament, or other musculoskeletal problems, including diseases, or injuries.
• Collaborating with other specialists, when necessary, to determine a course of treatment.
• Recording patient care by maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
• Administering general and local anesthetics, when necessary.
• Performing surgical procedures on various parts of the musculoskeletal system, including plating broken bones, reattaching tendons and ligaments, or performing joint or hip replacements, among other procedures.
• Prescribing medication to improve recovery and control pain after surgical procedures.
• Referring patients to physical therapy, when necessary, or performing non-invasive procedures such as casting and splinting limbs.
• Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and changing treatment plans, as necessary.
• Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
• Conducting research on defects, diseases, and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system.
• Resident in Qatar with NOC.
• At least 8 years experience in Orthopedic.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree.
• Valid and active medical license.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Outstanding hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
• Wonderful bedside manner.
• Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
• Flexible working hours.
About the Company
We are a Multidisciplinary HR Consultancy firm based in Qatar, with channel partners from all over the world.
MAYKS HR Consulting has the expertise to enable you to get a high return on your company’s most valuable investment. Our headhunting processes are state-of-the-art, utilizing the best technology to perform all headhunting tasks. Our 13 years’ experience in Qatar in assessing and selecting tools, gives us the ability to serve our clients more effectively and efficiently than anyone in the industry.We consistently provide high-quality headhunted candidates from the local and international markets. MAYKS revolves around being proactive and responsive, giving us the flexibility to accommodate your needs and ensure your success. Our experts will work with you in the headhunting process to ensure that your projects are never in delay.