Job description / Role
• Assist customers solve parts problems, identify correct parts numbers, complete order forms and recommend and sell related items as a service and as requested by customers.
• Provide correct parts to the customer
• Provide quotations and estimates within the time frame
• Offer all required parts and any additional accessories to customers.
• Follow through on ordered parts to ensure that parts arrive, that parts are correct and that customers are notified of arrival.
• Work with other Department personnel in order to assist them with parts information as required.
• Maintain a high degree of proficiency with regard to the parts business and functions performed in order to ensure customer confidence and satisfaction with parts service
• Diplomatically handle customers’ complaints in a friendly, pleasing and personal manner.
• Monitor sales discounts according to department limit and company policy.
• Research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary and
• Monitor bins and determine which parts need reordering.
• Assist Parts Manager in analyzing and resolving discrepancies between computer inventory and actual parts on hand.
• Monitor lost sales for inventory control.
• Must be alert to sales opportunities by taking the time to ask customers questions and provide information about parts and services
• Undertake additional related responsibilities as required.
• Experience and knowledge in Parts Catalog is a must and parts product handling.
• General understanding of automotive systems
• Knowledge of procedures for ordering special parts or parts with no published parts numbers
• Knowledge of the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) and of vehicle parts
• Ability to use inventory information on a computer screen and locate parts by checking parts numbers and locating them in the bins.
• Ability to identify and acknowledge the receipt of warranty (used) parts
• Good communications skills – in person and on telephone
• Willingness to initiate calls to customers to give and receive information.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all other departments in the retail facility.
• Is able to work independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
• Detail oriented
• Computer skills – Microsoft Office / Inventory systems
About the Company
Established in 1898 and passed down generations of the Jaidah family with the aim of serving you, the customer, and the state of Qatar at large, Jaidah Group has been a recognized force of trade for over 100 years. Dealing initially within the bare necessities like food, imported from exotic destinations such as Iran and India, Jaidah Group has blossomed, expanded and conquered countless market sectors since.
Jaidah Motors and Trading Company (JMTC), created by Mr. Jassim Jaidah over half a century ago, has forged withstanding relationships with major international manufacturers. JMTC continues to provide the highest quality products and services to Qatar’s demanding market.
Jaidah Group prides itself on overcoming Qatar’s most challenging obstacle within the context of development and growth: Conserving tradition whilst embracing the best of modernity and change.
Embodying a perfect harmony of these concepts, Jaidah Group provides world- class quality and professionalism, embedded within grass roots family business values.
In effect, the group guarantees honesty, integrity and mutual trust at the core of all business relationships with a commitment to building intimate bonds, emphasizing the importance of you, the customer.
The Group now boasts an array of divisions that function synonymously under the aforementioned qualities including its locally renowned automotive sector, heavy equipment, industrial supply and Electrical sectors.