Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Parts Manager at our Mercedes-Benz General Distributor in Qatar.
With your solid parts business experience and management capabilities you will lead the parts team to maximise parts revenue and achieve profits while ensuring high customer satisfaction. Ensure an optimal inventory stock and service level to the market.
The successful candidate will have very good analytical skills; a high developed ability to negotiate and has a structured approach to work.
• Develop a detailed budget and business plan for the parts department which is in line with the after-sales strategy and objectives
• Continually review and monitor the progress of the business related KPIs
• Ensure that all parts opportunities are maximised, customer follow up procedures exist and targets for profit and Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) are met
• Monitor the local market regarding the parts business, implement and review regularly an effective marketing plan for parts
• Visit fleet and trade customers, analyze individual customer sales statistics, negotiate/ approve margins and special prices with the OEM and discount rates and payment terms with the customers
• Manage the overall stock ordering and monitor the stock recording. Review and analyze stock discrepancies. Regularly review stock turnover and ensure proper inventory.
• Recruit, develop and motivate high performing staff and facilitate a working environment for good employee satisfaction
• 3-5 years’ working experience in a supervisory role in Parts in the automotive industry, ideally within the prestige car sales industry
• Degree majored in business, logistics and/or marketing preferred
• Knowledge in business management, logistic and procurement
• Knowledge and experience in the operational running of a spare parts business
• Knowledge of local market and competitors
• Customer and sales orientation
• Leadership and people management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Knowledge of Mercedes-Benz parts and parts procurement preferred
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
• Arabic language skills would be an advantage
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company
Daimler is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies. With its divisions, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses and Daimler Financial Services, the Daimler Group is one of the largest producers of premium cars and the world’s leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles, with global reach.
Daimler Middle East & Levant is our Regional Office based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from where we steer and further develop our business throughout the region, supporting markets such as the GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi-Arabia, and the UAE) as well as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
Search & Selection at Daimler Middle East & Levant is supporting our General Distributors and Dealers in finding the right talent for the right job; we are always looking for exceptional and passionate individuals to join our General Distributor and Dealer network.