Job description / Role
• Determine the scope of work for the Infrastructure system on both Inside plant and Outside plant together with Horizontal cabling system.
• Designs, installs, testing and commission the infrastructure system using industry or local building code standards.
• Analyze route and develop route maps.
• Manage Engineering Documentation for the project delivery including calculation, method statement, ITP, etc.
• Create implementation plan with PMO for the installation strategy
• Develop risk analysis and mitigation for any migration scope including fiber damages or other disasters
• Handle team for installation including splicing, termination, labeling, etc.
• Develop handover documents and for record purposes which includes final route, termination, splicing and topography
• Recommend upgrades or system improvements on maintained system as required;
• Makes inquiries to multiple industry vendors and equipment providers;
• Maintains certifications and knowledge of technology developments in his area of expertise;
• Perform other tasks related as delegated by direct manager or superior.
• Bachelor degree from accredited university in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field;
• Minimum 2 - 3 years relevant experience in Infrastructure like Structured cabling, OSP, ISP with knowledge in installation of the system;
• Knowledge in Intelligent and Datacenter Management system;
• BICSI certified is preferable.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Reads and understands shop drawings and specifications
• Superior written and verbal communication skills in the English language
• Customer Service oriented, maintaining professional Client Relationships
• Excellent time management skills
• Position is time intensive, depending on the project and may involve travel and frequent off-site travel
• Ability to adapt to industry developments and new technologies.
• Highly self-motivated, requiring no special training/coaching
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Works well under pressure
• Splicing, TDR and termination knowledge.
About the Company
A leading technology solutions provider in Qatar.
Lead Telecoms Engineer (EPC-2)
ITSM Change Manager
Manager IT Service Management
Head of Venue Maintenance & Support
IT Infrastructure Specialist - System Admin & Security