Job description / Role
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- To make great pastries and desserts, with reference to the most creative and original work being done around the world today.
- Prepare special showpieces productions for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Has an innovative and creative approach to producing and decorating dishes
- Keeps cooking instructions up-to-date
- Oversees the whole work shift: ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc.
- Coordinates with restaurant serving staff in order to ensure that service runs smoothly
- Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
- In conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers, coordinates the pastry, kitchen, restaurants and "Seminars and meetings" services
- Supervises the pastry staff and stewarding service
- Attends the weekly kitchen meetings
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in culinary trends
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
- Assures hotel management cover early mornings, evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
- Attends meetings for Heads of Department
- Passes on the management team's decisions
- Pay attention to food cost, but not be constrained by it in search for creating new and original product.
- Ensures that the equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility are used correctly and kept in good condition by kitchen staff
- Conduct the business honestly and fairly
- Use your own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a clam an efficient way
- Optimizes sales by responding to guests' wishes, while respecting brand guidelines
- Takes part in supplier selection and orders merchandise in compliance with the group's purchasing policy.
- Manages stocks and supplies
- Participates in investment decisions for the kitchen
- Manages headcount for optimum performance in the department: ensures work schedules suit activity forecasts and are compliant with labour legislation
- Respects the productivity ratios as budgeted
- Carries out inventories, inputs data and explains consumption differences
- Helps prepare the annual budgets for the department, analyses the results and implements any corrective actions as required
- With the team, is continually looking for ways to improve costs and ratios while maintaining the high standard of service
- Manages all spend necessary to maintain smooth running kitchen operations
- Draws up a daily report on products that need to be ordered and forwards it to the Purchasing Department, or places orders directly
- Is actively involved in end-of-month procedures and justifies any differences
- Guarantees effective coordination between kitchen and dishwashing staff, and between the kitchen and the various F&B points of sale
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to lead and train others
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Attention to detail and quality
- Well organised
- Ability to work in a team
- Physical and mental staying power
- Vocational certificate or diploma in professional cuisine
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Acknowledged managerial skills
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Computer literate in the Windows environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.