Job description / Role
My client is an International consultancy that has recently been awarded a PWA project in Doha, Qatar.
The Senior Pavement Specialist will be the focal point for the supervision of the overall Pavement Design in Project.
The beautification scope of the Project includes the usage of different type of pavements using a variety of different finishing materials, with complex design.
For this reason, the project strongly requires an expertise in term of construction methodology, construction management, design management and project management, ensuring the achievement of the expected highquality standard for the execution and control of the pavement works.
The position shall be knowledgeable of all ISO standards like ISO 9002:2008, 19011 in addition to the technical engineering standards like BSEN, BS, ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, etc. and expert in local Qatar standards like QCS 2014 and its amendments (IAN’s, Qatar Traffic Manual, etc.).
Moreover, the senior Pavement specialist should be an expert in performing construction material testing, both on site and in laboratory, and construction material inspection in the production factory.
• Report to the Client and to the Senior Resident Engineer – Team Leader regarding all the aspects related to Pavement within the project.
• In charge of auditing and supervising pavement testing and construction inspection to the production factory.
• In charge of the Inspection Management and Installation of the overall construction pavement materials delivered to the Project.
• Advise the Supervision construction team for the best pavement construction methodology to obtain high quality final outlook.
• Audit the Contractors regarding Pavement Design Methodology to be used in the project, insuring the implementation of the requested methodology during construction.
• Audit, review and recommend complex pavement designs calculations utilising pavement design principals, geotechnical and traffic data, and engineering computer programs
• Prepares Pavement Reports with recommendations to the PWA.
• Responsible, with the Senior Material Specialist for recommending the approval of the Mockup of the work.
• Responsible to Analyse/evaluate laboratory test results and product failure data to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
• Perform and analyse laboratory and field work for asphalt materials.
• Responsible of raising nonconformity report for any pavement defect at site.
• Submit and recommend for approval to PWA the contractors proposed construction pavement source/supplier being used for the project.
• Responsible for supervise/check/monitor all measuring device/test equipment, laboratory/field material sampling/quality testing activities related to the pavement and evaluate/analyse the test results obtained.
• Responsible for check and evaluate all pavement materials quality assurance / quality control documents per approved project quality plan (PQP).
• Testing and analysis of asphalt materials mixed with WMA additives.
• Implementation of Mechanisticempirical pavement design guide (ME PDG) in the road construction specifications in the State of Qatar.
Qualifications Required for the Role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Professional License in a recognised Engineering or Architecture Organisation
• Minimum of 20 Years of Work Experience
• Minimum of 7 Years of Similar Experience.
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
QA Engineer (Construction Assurance Engineer)
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)