Payable Accountant Assistant
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Ras Laffan, Qatar
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
• Handle and perform all accounts payable related activities, including calculating, posting business transactions, processing invoices, verifying financial data to be used in maintaining accounts payable records, as well as provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
• Receive vendors’ invoices, and ensure that the received invoices are authentic, addressed to the right party, in compliance with the applicable submission criteria, and properly maintained.
• Communicate with venders with regards to any matters or quires related to their invoices and payments, and work with other departments to resolve any related issues.
• Ensure that the goods receipt/service entry is done by the concerned function, and post the venders’ invoices in the system accordingly.
• Ensure obtaining all the required approvals prior to processing all vendors invoices.
• Ensure that the invoices banks details are matching with SAP vendors master data banks details.
• Perform vendors reconciliation.
• Perform vendors payment proposals, and obtain required approvals prior to forwarding the payment proposals to treasury to do the payments.
• Maintain current and previous years accounts payable files in a neat and tidy order and ensure that they are stored properly.
• Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ):
• Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Payable Accountant
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Diploma degree in Accounting or any related field.
• 1 - 3 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in a similar industry
Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and tools (International Financial Reporting Standards, GAAP etc.)
• Knowledge of SAP related modules.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.