Job description / Role
Apply and consolidate accounting and financial knowledge and skills. Interfaces with internal and external clients and provides routine information and advice.
Key Job Accountabilities :
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of approved Payroll workflows such as salary and leave advances, loans, educational assistance, training and business travels, end of service benefits, medical claims and other expense claims.
- Recording of employee final settlement, monthly payroll run, annual time writing, cash forecast, annual performance bonus payment and Board of Director payment, among others. Troubleshoots payroll SAP related issues both in HR module as well as in FI module and recommends solution.
- Examines corporate credit card and petty cash expenses regularly and posts to relevant general ledger accounts in accordance with company policy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, audits and analysis of operational data every month to guarantee accuracy and reviews monthly payroll accruals and evaluates if additional accruals are required.
- Evaluates and provides suggestions on modifications and enhancements in payroll processes and controls to improve efficiency and validates solution before implementation.
- Responds to payroll inquiries and requests by employees and other internal and external users of payroll data. Investigates payroll discrepancies, and resolve any payroll related issues.
- Prepares and controls end-of-service-benefit (ESB) related deliverables such as accrual review, end-of-service-benefit (ESB) discounting, and clearing of end-of-service-benefit (ESB) delta in order to reflect the correct information in QG books.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive material, and maintain a high level of integrity.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.