This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant for the construction of more than 200 local roads and drainage projects in Qatar. The Local Roads & Drainage Program (LR&DP) is part of a strategy to develop roads, drainage, and infrastructure networks throughout the country.
The Public Works Authority (Ashghal) established the LR&DP as part of a greater infrastructure plan to achieve its 2030 National Vision, while also preparing to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup and possibly the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
Parsons Brinckerhoff will manage and coordinate all interfaces with the client and stakeholders and will oversee general engineering consultants for each of the five geographic zones comprising Qatar. The LR&DP is scheduled to take five to seven years and is estimated at QR 50 billion (US$13.7 billion).
Qatar is one of the fastest growing countries in the world—with its oil and natural gas revenues enabling it to attain the highest per-capita income in the world. Parsons Brinckerhoff’s LR&DP office is located in the client’s office tower in the West Bay area of Doha, which is close to the corniche (waterfront promenade), diplomatic district, and shopping malls
The role shall focus on overseeing and managing the General Engineering Consultant (“GEC”) compliance and delivery of their scope of services in respect of Road Opening (RO) and Building Permit (property demarcation level) reviews.
Duties shall include but not limited to the following:
• Co-ordinating RO Permits using Public Works Authority (PWA) Q-PRO electronic system.
• Liaising with GEC’s regarding progress of RO and Building Permit reviews.
• Tracking GEC performance regarding RO and Building Permit reviews.
• Verifying GEC invoicing for RO and Building Permit reviews completed.
• Liaising with PWA Departments in relation to RO and Building Permit policies.
• Lead, minute and action items arising from meetings with PWA, GEC and stakeholders.
The Senior Permit Administrator shall oversee and be responsible for PMC staff carrying out daily administration of RO and Building Permit applications requested by the PWA.
The Senior Permit Administrator must be able to work on own initiative and be able to evaluate RO and Building Permit issues and make informed decisions based on PWA policies.
The Senior Permit Administrator will report directly to the Project Manager for Permits for the Programme Management Consultant (PMC) and should be familiar with typical permitting procedures, performance monitoring and operating computer systems.
You will be involved in the following:
• Monitoring the RO and Building Permit review processes, identifying issues impacting compliance, and leading in successful issue resolution.
• Ensuring consistent approach by the GEC for the review of RO and Building Permits.
• Preparing monthly performance report of RO and Building Permit reviews carried out.
• Responding to enquiries by RO and Building Permit applicants.
• Validating GEC invoice submittals.
• Ensuring that any GEC performance issues are brought to the attention of the Project Manager
The sucessful candidate will possess a minimun of 15 years experience in a similar position. Experience with Enginering specifically within Design and Infrastructure. You will be a motivated individual with strong commercial acumen.
About the Company
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 32,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.