Job description / Role
Job Purpose: To manage the personnel services, ensuring the smooth functioning and satisfactory service provided to employees in the areas of insurance, personnel services and renewals of visas and labour cards
HR Shared Services/ Government Relations
• Follow up with the GR officer for all related issues in Qatar to ensure smooth transactions within the set time frames.
• Advise and guide the GR/HR team and line managers on all procedural/ legal obligations to be followed in case of new employees, with regards to Labor Law /Rules and Regulations of the country. Highlight possible risks, delays, etc. with a view to secure/ protect the best interest of the Group.
• Oversee the employees‘(and their dependents where applicable) enrollment and cancellation of Visas upon their joining and leaving the company respectively, and validate the NOC cases.
• In cases where there are external factors delaying/ impeding the processing of GR transactions( Residencies, TLs, CRs, permits, etc… and to liaise with the Regional Personnel Manager to expedite the process.
• Advise and guide management on all procedural/ legal obligations to be followed in case of on boarding/off boarding employees, from a regional perspective. Highlight possible risks, delays, etc. with a view to secure/protect the best interest of the Group.
• Process all letters request from the employees.
• Coordinate With Business Unit HR to facilitate HR Support in Qatar .
• Oversee administrative support to handle issues with Banks,
• Oversee the provision of correspondence and documentation support on all employee related issues and ensure timely processing of all personnel requests in efficient ,accurate and customer friendly manner
• Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date personnel records/ files and the safe custody of passports in line with the Company‘s HR policies and procedures. Direct the efficient processes for release / return of the same
• Ensure applicable HR Shared Services system updates, where mandated/ required, suitable documentation and record keeping in line with all internal and external audit requirements.
• Coordinate the issuance and cancellation of Inner circle, parking and access cards to employees.
• Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of local laws and legal requirements essential
• Computer Literate
• Tact, persuasion and influencing skills.
• Proficient in English
• Arabic would be an advantage
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.