Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Supports adherence to accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Deliver piping discipline specific design and drafting services that meet Worley, the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Apply recognised offshore / onshore engineering practices applicable to piping design and topside/plant layout.
- Must have knowledge of the piping discipline scope/cost/time requirements, and assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Perform design and drafting assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares analyses, calculations, etc.
- Assists with recommendations and helps create final documentation.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations to support official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues internal authorization
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
1. Personal well-being;
2. Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
3. Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Personnel shall have the specified minimum project experience in process plants, mainly Oil & Gas or petrochemicals, and shall be knowledgeable of the applicable Engineering codes and standards.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- Able to prepare basic piping engineering drawings.
- Able to perform detailed, advanced drafting autonomously.
- Conversant with brownfield engineering principles and ability to incorporate them into design.
- Understands Hydrocarbon processing and process diagrams (PFD's/P&ID's), can incorporate into 3D models.
- Selects most efficient design and layout with respect to and offshore / onshore engineering
- Competent in the use of 2D & 3D software and developing skills in design software
Industry Specific Experience:
- Minimum of 8-years project experience in Design and engineering of Piping and process equipments.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Trade Apprenticeship, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma of Engineering Technology in Mechanical/Piping discipline
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- 2D Software: AutoCAD, Micro-Station
- 3D Software: PDS, S3D / PDMS, E3D
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power point
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.