Job description / Role
The Planning Engineer is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all planning and scheduling issues and progress of the works. The incumbent will be responsible for the review and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction and reports to the Planning and Controls Manager. He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to produce recovery work programs in case of delays and he will participate in assessment and analysis of time related claims.
• Review, check and evaluate the Contractor’s time schedule of works.
• Following the review, recommend, acceptance / rejection of the Contractor’s time schedule to Planning Manager for forwarding the recommendation to the Engineer (PMC) and Client for program acceptance.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Planning Manager.
• Coordinate with the Planning Engineers of Client/PMC and the Contractor on all scheduling issues and progress.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Engineer (PMC) / Client) reports about the status of construction progress.
• Evaluate, and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted / amended schedule with critical milestones.
• Assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Inform the Planning Manager (for informing PMC / Client) of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Analyse, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the Contractor to mitigate any delays. • Participate in the assessment and analysis of time related claims by the contractor.
Budget: QAR 12k - 19k
QAR 12,000 to 19,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Should have minimum 5 - 9 years.
• Should have Roads and Infrastructure project experience of minimum 4 - 7 years.
• Civil Educational background.
• Experience with contractor is preferable.
• Preference will be given only to candidates based in Qatar with NOC.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Planning Engineer - Infrastructure
Planning Engineer - Immediate
Ignite Search & Selection
Planning Engineer - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Planning Engineer - Road, Expressways, Hiways & Bridges Project
Big Fish Recruitment