Job description / Role
The Planning Engineer is responsible for executing Atkins planning and programme support services on all assigned projects teams.
- This role also includes promoting strong commercial and contract management practices to ensure a common understanding and approach is achieved on all assigned projects.
- The role includes assisting the DESO management team with the administration of the department's internal planning deliverables.
- A key function of the Planning Engineer is to ensure that Design & Engineering Site Operations best practices are being adhered to throughout all projects
The key roles and responsibilities of the Planning Engineer include:
- Addressing all planning requirements on assigned projects.
- Addressing all progress monitoring functions on assigned projects
- Contribute to the improvement of existing planning and progress monitoring systems
- Ensure project controls are established and maintained on all projects
- Review of contractor programmes in accordance with the contract
- Provide assessment of Extension of Time claims
- Contribute to the programme sections of Atkins Monthly Reports
- Ensure all key issues are communicated effectively to RE's / PM's
- Compile and maintain records of construction productivity data
- Provide contract administration support as required.
- Assist in the preparation of Engineers Determinations
- Assist with the review Interim Payment Certificates
- Provide support for the establishment of project resource schedules
- Assist with the preparation and review of future bids
- Developing project master schedule, updating, monitoring and reviewing contractor construction schedules, submittals, material delivery, procurement logs and daily follow-up in addition to the necessary productivity measurement studies and associated corrective measures.
- Participating in contract administration
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- The role will require liaison with the Site Area Managers, Resident Engineers, Project Controls Administrator, Contract Administrators, Heads of Discipline, the Business Support Manager and the DESO Design Unit.
- Regular liaison with the DESO management team will also be required.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).