Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Planning Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all planning and scheduling issues and progress of the works. The incumbent will be responsible for the review and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction and reports to the Planning Manager.
• He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to produce recovery work programs in case of delays and he will participate in assessment and analysis of time related claims.
• Review, check and evaluate the Contractor’s time schedule of works.
• Following the review, recommend, acceptance / rejection of the Contractor’s time schedule to Planning Manager/Senior Planning Engineer for forwarding the recommendation to the Engineer (PMC) and Client for program acceptance.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Planning Manager.
• Coordinate with the Planning Engineers of Client/PMC and the Contractor on all scheduling issues and progress.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Engineer (PMC) / Client) reports about the status of construction progress.
• Evaluate, and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted / amended schedule with critical milestones.
• Assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Inform the Planning Manager (for informing PMC / Client) of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Analyse, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the Contractor to mitigate any delays.
• Participate in the assessment and analysis of time related claims by the contractor.
• Assist the Planning Manager in progress validation, monitoring KPI’s & Construction commodities, and preparation of project status reports.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BSc degree in the Civil Engineering discipline.
• 5+ years of directly related experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities and a minimum of 2 years GCC experience
• Experience on design and construction of large scale building projects including High rise Towers.
• Proficiency in scheduling software including Primavera P6.2, Claim Digger, schedule Analyser and other presentation software like MS office, Visio, Crystal Reports, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
• Knowledge of current technology and its effective use on the project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.