Job description / Role
• Using latest version of Primavera Contract Management (Expedition) as Contract Document Management software to track Correspondences, Drawings, Submittals, Material & Equipment Procurement, Daily Reports, Transmittals, Minutes of Meetings, Bill of Quantities, Proposals, Requests for Inspection, Requests for Clarification, Change Orders, Invoices, Payment Requisitions and Snag Lists and linking the Project information in Primavera Contract Management to the Primavera Enterprise Schedule;
• Coordinating with the Engineer in the review and integration of the schedule database and will guide the Contractor in preparation of the schedule to be compatible with the integration requirements;
• Reviewing contractor's work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information, and provides analysis and findings;
• Monitoring, adjusting and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidating of these results in PMC monthly reports;
• Estimating time element of change orders and submits his analysis to the Engineer and incorporating within the master schedule after authorization;
• Evaluating Contractor's Extension of Time requests and preparing recommendations to the Engineer.
• Review and assess the work sequences with the total project plan
• Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties and identifies significant activities supporting inter-discipline requirements and identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
• Identifies, analyses and monitors schedule deviations for assigned disciples or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/work around solutions for projects considerations.
• Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports. Identifies and report activities that have critical or potential impact on schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action report
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management/Expedition)
• 10 years’ experience in Planning & Scheduling both engineering and construction activities are required
• 5-10 years’ experience with Primavera Project Management (P6)
• With Experience in Hotel projects, High Rise Building and construction
• Must have experience in Civil Planning
• Good oral and written English language, with good report writing, analytical and computer skills and oral communications
• Proven ability to perform in a technical role
• Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer based systems (Primavera Project Management 'P6' & Primavera Contract Management 'Expedition'), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives;
About the Company
A leading group in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Planning Engineer
MIDMAC Contracting Company
Planning Engineer - Hotel/Resort Project
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Senior Planning Engineer
Sr. Planning Engineer (Grade A MMUP)