Job description / Role
- Operate and monitor the plant equipment’s either through local control panel or through SCADA/BMS/CMS operation.
- Effective start-up and shut down of the plant equipment’s in accordance with the standard operating procedure or work instruction.
- Log on operating parameters of the pant equipment’s at the scheduled intervals by taking appropriate readings through SCADA/BMS/CMS.
- Inform immediate supervisor about the abnormalities/malfunctions of the plant equipment found during the 24X7 operation and ensure all the safety standards are followed.
- Monitor the maintenance activities being executed in the plant and highlight maintenance requirements of the plant.
- Carry appropriate tests pertaining to water temperature (Supply and return), water analysis to check chemical levels, record the same and inform supervisor accordingly for necessary action.
- Ensure that the heat load levels are properly distributed by monitoring the same regularly to ensure optimum utilization of plant capacities and optimization of energy consumption.
- Identifying and reporting the potential hazards by strictly following the safety guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate usage and storage of water treatment chemicals at site.
- Cleaning of cooling tower water basins and louvers.
- Cleaning of pump suction strainers, AHU/BCU/FCU filters
- Cleaning of chilled water network strainers in ETS room.
- Inspection and identifying the chilled water leakage in the network.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities and maintain the plant tidiness.
- Should understand and follow related procedures of ISO and EHS as implemented from time to time.
- To discharge duties as assigned from time to time.
- Understand the requirements of the client and plan and deploy resources for delivery of service
- Ensure the plants utilities are built and operated within Marafeq procedures.
- Responsible to train the Junior operators
- To document any customer complaints and take actions to ensure that they are effectively closed as per Customer Complaint Handling process.
- Awareness of Functional Objective, QHSE Policy, benefits of following the established Management system as well and implication if not complying with the requirements.
- Awareness of the Significant Environmental Aspects and work related Occupational Hazards
- Incident Reporting to HSE team in case of any incidents
- Engaging and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness and improvement of the Management systems.
- Providing technical guidance to engineering staff to achieve high quality operation and maintenance functions in both construction phase as well as long term operations phase.
- Responsible for assisting leadership support to the O&M team
- Diploma or Industrial Trade Certificate in either Air conditioning / Mechanical / Electrical or Instrumentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in refrigeration and chiller plant activities from GCC countries.
- Hands on experience on operating chillers in large capacity District Cooling Plants
- Excellent command on technical & commercial aspects of District Cooling business.
- Excellent command of English language both oral and written.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
About the Company
Marafeq Qatar is a leading Utility Services Company, providing energy efficient and innovative sustainable solutions. Provides to Real Estate Developers a comprehensive package of Utility Management included Master Planning, Infrastructure designing, Construction Supervision and Operation, with Customer Services Support, which will give the spaces for Developers to focus on their business and be confident of Marafeq Qatar’s experienced engineers and professional technical team to carry out the complete package of utility services.
During the past 4 years Marafeq Qatar has succeeded in developing its mark in designing and developing pioneering technology to deliver energy efficient, cost effective and environment friendly utility solutions that support the growth of economy of the state of Qatar.
Marafeq Qatar Owned by Qatari Diar Company, the leading company on developing and building cities in the Middle East.