Job description / Role
Performs QA/QC inspection of materials, maintenance repairs, modifications and replacements of static equipment, process piping and storage tanks and its spares as per Company specifications, codes and standards and issues relevant reports. Co-ordinates and attends to destructive and non-destructive inspections at Plant & Non-plant areas, Warehouse, Contractors' or Vendors' workshop as per the specified requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Perform inspection of all material or equipment such as valves, piping, gaskets, fittings, heat exchangers, pressure vessels etc.,and reviews the certificates with respect to purchase orders, codes, standards and specifications requirement.
• Provide support to Engineer for development of new welding procedure for Company/Contractor which includes witnessing of the testing. Maintain and update welding procedure qualification record/specification and welder qualification records for Company.
• Coordinate and provide support to Engineer/End User for the periodic inspection of Gas Cylinder and Portable tanks and maintain the certificate/record and database.
• Carries out or witness various non-destructive / destructive test on materials to assess conformity to requirements.
• Performs required QA/QC services for the planned and unplanned work during shutdowns and ensures required work permits as QG host.
• Attending shutdown meetings related to Maintenance jobs and participates in site visits for deciding on the Pressure test exemptions of work orders.
• Reviews Contractor's maintenance repair procedures (Quality plan, Inspection & Test plan, QA/QC procedure, WPS, Welder qualification record, etc. related to modification, repair and replacement jobs or new project work as per approved EMOC.
• Performs QA/QC activities (Welding/NDT/Heat treatment/ Pressure test /GRP/ FRP/ Composite wrapping etc.) as per specifications and contract requirements for project plant maintenance activities on Company equipment or facilities.
• Responsible for closing of all Maintenance Work orders related to QA/QC activities in SAP and timely completion of all inspection reports and uploading in Meridium.
• Perform audits on Suppliers and Contractor's Quality assurance and control systems, prepares and submit Audit report to Engineer for review
• 5 years' experience in Material inspection, Fabrication, Welding, NDT, Testing and Painting/Coating activities in Oil & Gas Industry.
• Good knowledge in International Codes and Standards (ASME,AWS, ASTM, API, NACE/ISO).
• Proficient written and spoken English.
• Computer literate.
• Good interpersonal and essential Leadership skills
• Data capturing and analysis skills.
• Ability to work as a delegate to Engineer and provides required technical support to the team.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent / Higher National Diploma in Mechanical.
• AWS-SCWI or CSWIP 3.2; or equivalent.
• Professional certification in API 510, 570, 653 (as applicable);
• Has attended relevant courses and attained certification as: ASNT/PCN Level-2 in UT, MT, PT, RT or Advanced NDT
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Welding Inspector CSWIP 3.1