Job description / Role
Our client is a leading IT Solutions Provider in Qatar is looking to hire a PMO Director who will handle all Public Sector projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Work with e-Government team and client leadership team to develop eGovernment strategy
• Manage the eGovernment service selection process through an interface with key customers, and internal/external stakeholders
• Oversee the design and implementation of the entire program through an interface with eGovernment PMO and design and implementation vendors
• Act as the client representative and facilitator for business requirement capture and deliverable approvals between client and external vendors and consultants
• Act as the single point of contact for all project management team resource requests and assignment of resources
• Present program updates to the senior management team and other internal and external stakeholders
• Define, document, and communicate the team’s objectives, direct staff on project tasks, eliminate productivity barriers and promote collaboration
• Drive standardized scalable project delivery processes to increase project success, improve transparency, and ensure effective resource allocation
• Lead a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts facilitating the implementation of business and systems initiatives
• In addition to managing program level activities such as assessing dependencies/conflicts and generating metrics/dashboards, develop strong collaborative relationships with key customers and stakeholders within client team to ensure successful execution and delivery of strategic initiatives
• Where appropriate, directly manage key projects that require the experience and knowledge to ensure successful delivery
• Manage project management and business analyst teams to deliver technical solutions to meet business requirements and solve operational problems
• Direct the management and implementation of multiple large and complex projects and internal cross-functional technical projects
• Develop project plans and timelines; make staffing decisions based on the assessment of team members' skills and workloads, and identify obstacles to completing projects on schedule and within budget
• Provide and ensure (either directly or through Project Managers) integrated oversight and controls from initial project assessment through to launch for all business readiness and solution activities and deliverables to ensure that scope is met on schedule and within budget
• Manage project integration with the client, internal stakeholders, and external customers
• Evaluate the performance of each team member, generate development plans and set goals within the context of the corporate policy. Motivate, coach, counsel and develop team members within the context of the corporate policies.
• Set the direction of project management methodologies and ensures staff are trained and consistently following the methodologies defined
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT, or a related field master’s degree is a plus
• 10+ years in a program management role
• Management Consultancy experience is a major plus
• Business process re-engineering experience
• Proven track record of setting priorities and multi-tasking between many simultaneous strategic projects and day-to-day maintenance related activities.
• eGovernment experience is a major plus
• Proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with information technology professionals and senior management team.
• Ability to effectively present information to groups and to function effectively in a matrix-team environment.
• Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to coach, develop and motivate staff.
• Experienced in running large business transformation programs involving IT solution
• Expert understanding of the Project Life Cycle deliverables: Project Charter, Business Requirements Document,
• Business Case, Cost-Benefit Analysis, and deliverables.
• Expert understanding of Project Life Cycle methodologies: agile, interactive, waterfall and ability to apply the correct methodology to best meet the business requirements.
• Excellent management abilities and strategic vision coupled with organizational and managerial skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of the issues and regulations of licensing and formation of companies
• A persistent yet diplomatic personality
• Superb communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to lead, develop and manage Six Sigma Black Belts – including advising them on projects, identifying development/training opportunities
• Collaborate with all levels of management to identify process and productivity improvement opportunities
• Ability to drive consensus within highly cross-functional project teams to produce positive and meaning results
• Apply in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations
• Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data and draw logical conclusions
It’s a must that the candidate must have experience in managing large scale government application implementations in the Middle East and is working within consulting companies.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
PMO and Service Delivery Manager
Professional Services Manager (PMO)
A Leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar
CTO (IT Solutions)