Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date project data, aligned with PM Web modules.
• PM Web Consultant must work closely with all the members of project management team for creation and maintenance of up-to-date project data.
• Generally, handles more than one project at a time.
• Provision of specialist assistance to Project Team in creating and maintaining up to date project data, aligned with] the PMWeb modules, to accurately reflect the monthly progress, KPl's and time-to-completion of all projects.
• Continuous review of active projects in the PMWeb database to ensure a consistent, normalized approach by Project Team across the whole organization (e.g. creation of baselines and computation of schedule performance indices at various levels in the projects portfolio, budget ,cost estimate ,cost plans and reports, risk register, issues register, etc.).
• Provision of specialist assistance to the project team in maintaining up-to-date Risk Registers, Issues Registers in all HFD departments.
• Oversee risk simulation exercises by Project Team (e.g. Monte Carlo analysis) and participate in the review and follow-up of the simulation outcomes.
• Provision of specialist advice to the Project Team in the review, comment and approval of risk mitigation plans submitted by Consultants and Contractors, and by In-House teams.
• Deliver induction training sessions to new HFD staff and make records of all such training for retention in the Project Support Office.
• Participation in audit exercises and Stage Gate Reviews carried out by the
• Project Support Office.
• Interrogation of PMWeb to produce reports on specific KPl's for the top executives.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years' experience in engineering and Project Control Systems
• 5 years' experience in implementation Project Control Software
• Very good experience in using Primavera P61 MS Project and any other software for PCS
• Experience on PMWeb Development
• Having excellent understanding of construction project management
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability, to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures-· and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to operation of PMWeb, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
• Evaluate and provide mitigating solutions and actions for particular, critical technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.