Job description / Role
• To assist the Department Head, Directors and other members of the Regional Portfolios Department in evaluating, analyzing, and making recommendations with respect to new and existing investments.
• Work with the Directors to ensure appropriate reporting, performance monitoring and risk assessment and provide investment analysis and recommendations in order to ensure that well informed decisions that maximize portfolio value and returns are provided to the Head of Regional Portfolios.
• Build organizational know how by contributing expertise and external network.
Investment Evaluation and Recommendations
• Support the Regional Portfolios team in preparation and regular review of overall investment strategy.
• Conduct country and sector research in line with investment strategy to identify and benchmark opportunities.
• Perform initial screening of investment opportunities.
• Support the Regional Portfolios team in leading in depth evaluation, due diligence and execution of investment opportunities.
• Help build and develop financial analysis and valuation.
• Identify key risks and opportunities relation to potential new investments.
• Provide support with respect to negotiation and structuring of opportunities which the client decides to pursue.
• Assist in managing relationships with external advisors (e.g. investments bankers, accountants, consultants, lawyers), including defining work scopes and summarizing and implementing findings.
• Assist with investment origination efforts of the Regional Portfolios department.
Business Planning Support
• Support the Regional Portfolios team in preparation of detailed business plans in relation to new investments.
Portfolio Management and performance reporting
• Monitor operational and financial performance of assigned investments and prepare regular reports on the portfolio’s performance by entity, geography and asset segment.
• Analyze and monitor KPI's and ad hoc targets, and ensure non-performing investments are flagged appropriately.
• Assist the Regional Portfolios team in the development of options for optimizing value of individual investments e.g., restructuring, additional funding, M&A or divestment, etc.
• Prepare board memos detailing such recommendations.
• Maintain in depth and up to date market knowledge
• Develop market knowledge in specific regions and industries through regular reading and research.
• Keep abreast of significant transactions, sales and financing activity and if necessary commission bespoke research.
• Engage in the provision of training activities in cooperation with the HR department.
• Coach and provide functional guidance to junior staff, interns and trainees as required.
Policies & Procedures and Systems
• Implement approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Investment systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
USD 8,000 to 120,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Relocation package
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• MBA and/or CFA would be considered a positive.
• At least 3-6 years of relevant experience at a leading global investment bank or in private market investing.
• Strong commercial and investment acumen, and the ability to deliver insights / recommendations based on analysis
• Financial analysis and valuation
• Financial modelling
• Transaction experience, including buy-side advisory
• Additional languages (such as French, Spanish, or Arabic) are not a prerequisite but may be viewed favorably
• Sector experience in real assets (e.g. infrastructure, mining, real estate) may be viewed favorably
About the Company
With a combined 35 years within the investment management, accounting and software engineering, you can rely on us to identify the perfect candidates, with full discretion, both efficiently and seamlessly to exceed your expectations.
Financial Analyst / Loan Administrator
Associate, Asset Management - Healthcare (UAE National)
|Abu Dhabi||19 Sep|
Private Banker - External Asset Management Firm
Swisslinx Middle East
Quest Search & Selection