Job description / Role
SENIOR CONTRACT /COMMERCIAL SPECIALIST - PPP
The Contract Specialist will be responsible for all Contractual and Regulatory aspects of each project proposal and will pronounce on the completeness and accuracy of the same. S/he will also be responsible for recommending standard contracting provisions, drafting, and reviewing of project agreements and compliance with regulatory requirements.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES:
• Assist in prepare, review, maintain and monitor of the development of the process, policy , procedural documents
• Developing, preparing and publishing PPP policy framework and Guideline.
• Liaise with project stakeholders and contractual and regulatory matters pertaining to their proposals
• Maintain contact with all regulatory agencies to ensure the PPP Team is kept fully advised on developments in this area
• Advise on feasibility studies required in order to demonstrate project viability
• Vet and comments on specific contacts and agreements
• Provide written opinions on Contractual and regulatory matters related to project development
• Contribute to the development of the Management Information Systems in terms of developing a database of relevant legislative and regulatory material, global best practice and development of standardized contractual provisions and security documents.
• Manage the preparation of Standardized PPP Contract provisions
• Assist in reviewing, recommendation in the application of the PPP project procurement
• Review/prepare the bid/tender documents according to the Authority’s standards
• Assist in preparation of tender plan, tender strategy, obtaining committees’ approval and other tasks related to all stages in accordance with procedures.
• Identify compliance/non-compliance of proposal/bid versus tender requirements and specifications.
• Ensure that quality commitments exist for all work packages
• Highlight and anticipate all potential risks and identify saving and opportunities during tender
• Perform all tender preparation, process activities and answerable for tender accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly tender reports and other related reports for Team Leader of PPP Team within the Technical Office.
• Coordinate with all departments involved in a tender and obtain signoff of inputs.
• Review draft tender circulars comprising response to tenderers’ queries in consultation with concerned department(s) before forwarding to the Team Leader.
• Maintain tender record and schedule that reflects requirements for each tender.
• Ensure all tender documents required for submittal are prepared and signed by the proper personnel.
• Obtain and analyse potential tenderers' information, products, prices and services.
• Work closely with Senior Engineer to plan tenders and support the process.
• Make sure the documents are distributed to concerned departments on time to make sure their concerns are addressed.
• Evaluate the tenderers proposal/bid
• Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors in accordance with Ashghal policies and guidelines;
• Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Project Manager/Engineer.
• Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity
• Ensure Contract Management & examine compliance per work scope.
• Ensures the accuracy and adequacy of the contract and its integral documents such as bonds, insurance, pricing schedules, and specifications
• Monitor the cycle for contract proposals through contract expiration or completion
• Review claims and disputes and recommend desired course of action to Team Leader.
• Archive and use current claims and dispute data as case study material to train staff in claims assessment and serve as guidelines for future contracts.
• Guides in processing requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, etc., in accordance with established procedures and exercises contract cost control.
• Manages the maintenance of complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract records and logs.
• Provide analytical support to the management team.
• Contribute to development of PPP Methodologies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
For the Senior Contracts Specialist – PPP, the staff must have the following minimum working experience:
• Minimum qualification: Bachelor of Science/Engineering in Civil/ Quantity Surveying/ Law
• Post graduate Qualification/MBA in PPP/Public administration would be and advantageous
• Shall have minimum of 20 years demonstrable post graduate experience in all facets of the Quantity Surveying/ Procurement/ Contracts profession which minimum of 7 years solely related to Build Operate Transfer or Public-Private Partnership (PPP); all of which shall have been applicable to the capacity of a professional Quantity Surveyor working pre-contract and post-contract stages in a professional Consultancy practice or Employers’ organization or PPP/BoT Project Company.
• Preferably a chartered member of professional institution eg. RICS, ICES, CIOB, CIPS etc
• Extensive knowledge and experience in procurement methods for consultancy and Build Operate Transfer /PPP contracts as well as International contracting conditions and laws.
• Preferably, have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the gulf region.
• Outstanding office, computer & communication skills , multitasking and able to meet deadlines
• Analytical and meticulous person
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Experienced in the drafting and negotiating complex PPP/Concession Agreements
• Eagerness to promote transparency with passion to deliver the right level of services
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar\\'s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.