Job description / Role
SENIOR ENGINEERING SPECIALIST - PPP
The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for all Technical aspects of each project proposal and will pronounce on the completeness and accuracy of the same. S/he will also be responsible for recommending the technical aspects, drafting, and reviewing of project agreements and compliance with regulatory requirements.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
• Developing , preparing and publishing PPP policy framework and Guideline
• Represent PPP team and responsible for all aspects related to PPP projects
• Provide leadership in all relevant PPP team and departmental functions.
• Lead external & internal coordination pertinent to PPP projects with internal and external stakeholders
• Liaise with utilities providers and other stakeholders.
• Review the Employers Requirements of the project
• Coordinate /Liaise with external and internal stakeholders
• Review the performance of PPP project throughout the project cycle.
• Advise on feasibility studies required in order to demonstrate project viability.
• Provide planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance strategies
• Identify risks and
• Review, comment, recommend and acceptance/rejection of related consultants' submissions.
• Comprehensive responsibility for management and control of related functions in PPP projects, including detailed scope definition and initiation, work progress and completion and staff management.
• Contribute to the development of the Management Information System in terms of developing a database of relevant legislative and regulatory materials , global best practice and development of standardized contractual provisions and security documents
• Contribute to the development of PPP Methodologies
• Performance of other related duties as per management instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BSc / BEng or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
• CEng, PE or equivalent Chartership is a plus
• 20 years of demonstrable experience in design & construction of infrastructure projects, with satisfactory minimum 7 years BoT/PPP exposure.
• Working knowledge in Primavera enterprises package
• Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical and Health and Safety, Quality and environment aspect of the PPP projects
• Very good knowledge and experience with international & GCC design and construction code
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience with management capacity.
• Working knowledge of written and spoken Arabic would be advantageous
• Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
• Qualification in project management is considered an advantage
• Analytical and meticulous person
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar\\'s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.