Job description / Role
SENIOR FINANCIAL SPECIALIST - PPP
The PPP Finance Specialist is expected to provide expert input into all PPP projects on financial structuring and explicit and implicit financial costs to Authority. The Specialist will this be someone with solid project finance experience on a number of projects in numbers of sectors from a private sector financing perspective as well as experience in understanding the project risks to both public and private sector participants.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
• Developing , preparing and publishing PPP policy framework and Guideline
• Advise on appropriate financial structure for these projects based on a knowledge of market’s ability to provide finance and bear risk
• Ensure that the Authority’s explicit and implicit financial obligations and risks are determined in the feasibility study stage and that these are communicated to the MOF risk and debt management unit and managed appropriately. This includes guarantees and other instruments.
• Advise on feasibility studies required in order to demonstrate project viability
• Analyse all financial models , both in the feasibility studies and in proposals submitted as part of the competitive bidding process to ensure that the project are affordable, financially sound and sustainable with appropriate risk allocation
• Contribute to the development of the Management Information System in terms of developing a database of relevant legislative and regulatory materials , global best practice and development of standardized contractual provisions and security documents
• Prepare Order of Magnitude estimate for the PPP projects in line of the International Standard
• Study Funding Methods, assist the management with Financial strategies in respect of short term and long term vision of the Authority, Financial Models in the market and study , evaluate options, analyses and recommend an appropriate Financial Models for the projects /Scheme
• Provide leadership in all relevant departmental functions , processes and procedures
• Lead external & internal coordination pertinent to PPP Financial Studies
• Contribute to the development of PPP Methodologies
• Review, Analysis, comment, recommendation for acceptance or otherwise of related consultants' submissions.
• Comprehensive responsibility for management and control of related functions in PPP projects, including detailed scope definition and initiation, work progress and completion and staff management.
• Prepare /Review of Feasibility studies of PPP/BoT projects
• Review the Employers Requirements of the project
• Coordinate /Liaise with external and Internal stakeholders
• Performance of actual PPP Financial Specialist duties as per international practice.
• Performance of other related duties as per management instructions.
• Participate with PPP team for the PPP Project Procurement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BSc / BA or equivalent degree in Economics / Accounting / Finance from a reputable institution
• A post graduate qualification in finance would be an advantageous
• Minimum demonstrable experience in appraisal or evaluation of Built Operate Transfer / Public-Private Partnership (PPP) proposals and reports
• 20 years of demonstrable relevant experience with minimum 7 years solely in corporate banking related to appraisal of Built Operate Transfer / PPP projects, with satisfactory experience in all related disciplines and relevant working experience with management capacity.
• Related experience in construction/built environment industries
• Preferably good knowledge and experience with international & GCC economics
• Qualification in project management is considered an advantage
• Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic would be advantageous
• Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
• An analytical and meticulous person
• Having a balanced personality with excellent communication and inter personal skills
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Working Knowledge in the software related to Financial Modelling Related experience in Tender Process
• Preferably having knowledge in Financial law and statute applicable in Qatar.
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar\\'s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies