Job description / Role
• Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database of validated and categorized media contacts with all relevant details.
• Act as accessible resource that is available for press inquiries on both regular days of business and moments of sudden change or emergencies.
• Assist Senior Manager, Corporate Communications in preparing a proactive stakeholder engagement plan, towards establishing and maintaining cordial relationships with media contacts, agencies and networks in target markets.
• Arrange interviews and other speaking engagements for Milaha’s designated spokespersons with media outlets.
• Develop, write and draft, and copy edit key messages in line with Milaha’s communications strategy including annual reports, press releases, articles, speeches, contents and brochures, and annual newsletter.
• Assist in organizing press conferences within agreed timelines and budget. Takes ownership for preparation of press kit and coordination for other arrangements.
• Review and monitors print and electronic media for news, advertisements that are industry-related and/or company-specific and takes ownership of development and production of media monitoring reports.
• Maintain a comprehensive record of external media requests and a request log. In addition to a press release archive.
• Provide input into social media content development to maximize use of social media channels in promotion of Milaha.
• Establish a good relationship and rapport with media houses, media representatives, and media personalities for the benefit of improving image and reputation within Qatar and the region.
• Coordinate with concerned departments within Milaha to compile, edit, translate internal and/or external messaging content and communication related text viz. press releases, interview guides with answers, documentaries, FAQs, media profiles, biographies, among other written communication.
• Conduct analyze and response reports of content among different stakeholder groups and presents plans on how to engage and manage the different groups.
• Follow specified systems, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements/standards.
Education & Professional Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Media, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or any related field.
• Professional Experience:
• Past experience of 5 years in media, marketing, communication or a related field with a diverse stakeholder base.
• Ability to take ownership of projects, as well as effectively managing multiple stakeholders.
• Training in mass media tools and strong understanding of mass/ group psychology.
• GCC / Middle East experience a plus.
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. Ability to deal and interact with cross geographical agencies and media.
• Ability to deal effectively with urgencies and crisis.
• Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Superior accuracy, attention to detail, creativity, time-management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in Arabic is essential.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing Account Manager
Public Relations & Stakeholders Officer
Ignite Search & Selection
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Corporate Marketing Manager