Job description / Role
An accredited school in Doha is looking for a talented Primary Teacher to join its multinational team of professionals immediately on a one year fixed term contract.
The K-12 schools' mission is to focus on providing high quality education aimed at nurturing the development of the "whole child" concept, while emphasising a solid foundation in the basic subject areas. Broadly based on the British National Curriculum, these subjects are introduced mainly through topics on a cross curricular basis. With a decade of commitment to its unique brand of holistic education and the school has created a brilliant future for its students in the educational and training sectors and has carved a niche for itself in the state of Qatar.
* Establish high levels of expectation as a member of a team by setting down clear guidance for students for establishing good standards of achievement.
* Promote the School's International Ethos of Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Respect for the Environment.
* From Year 1 to Year 6 the school offers the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIE) which is in line with the UK national curriculum.
* To maintain the highest quality possible of teaching and learning in the subject in accordance with School policies and the guidelines of the external examination boards.
* Develop students' subject-based knowledge, skills and understanding alongside their capacity to learn, literacy and numeracy skills and responsible citizenship and employability.
Assessment for Learning
* Assess and mark students' work to a high standard: regularly, analysing their strengths and weaknesses in relation to learning objectives. Give students constructive feedback which helps them to improve.
* Monitor and record student progress in accordance with School procedures, including the writing of reports and assessments, identifying under achievement at an early stage.
* Salary up to £30,000
* Accommodation Allowance
* Utility Allowance
* Medical insurance
* Mobilisation and demobilisation flights
* 3 years teaching experience
* Teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
* Culturally sensitive, dependable and flexible
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results