Job description / Role
• The Principal has the broad responsibility for ensuring that the College programmes and teaching faculty are of the highest quality.
• The post holder directs the development and implementation of its academic plans, college policies and procedures and in collaboration with the senior management team, supervising of its faculties and operational departments.
• Reporting directly to the Chairman, the post holder has the responsibility of ensuring the effective running of the College across the range of departments as well as overall responsibility for student satisfaction and outcomes.
• Working closely with the Accounting Manager, the role encompasses the effective management and strategic delivery of the College annual budget and long term financial plans.
Knowledge, skill and experience requirements:
• Degree qualification at masters’ level or above in Management | Education, or a related discipline.
• 5+ years of relevant experience working within Higher education at a senior level.
• Demonstrated success to lead and manage an educational institution.
• Experience in the GCC region (is desired but not essential)
• A reputation of delivering successful outcomes at Higher Education Institutions.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrable track record of achievements in the leadership and management within a Higher Education level environment.
• Experience in managing, motivating and leading a large multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrable experience of proactive contributions to corporate strategic level planning and decision making.
• Evidence of efficient and effective management of resources, including the planning and coordination of staffing and budgetary resources.
• Experience of providing and utilising relevant management information, statistics and analysis required for decision making processes.
• Ability to foster relationships within new and existing income streams.
• The gravitas and presence to inspire confidence amongst sponsors and donors and the ability to form and develop beneficial relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• An understanding of marketing, public engagement and communication challenges facing the Higher Education sector.
• Experience dealing with high level government, public sector bodies, business and other academic and international institutions.
• Customer / student focus
• Results orientation
• Strategic planning
• People leadership
• Stakeholder management
• Problem solving and decision making
• Listening and communicating
• Influencing and negotiating
• Continuous improvement
Competitive salary, benefits included.
• Application process:
• Please apply online.
• Suitable applicants will be contacted for further review
About the Company
University Foundation College is the first in Qatar to offer UK University Preparation Courses, approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, which brings together a wealth of academic and international counselling and placement experience. Our programmes are 'quality assured' by the Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK) and taught by UK qualified teachers.
University Foundation College is a new dynamic private British College approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education which brings together a wealth of academic and international counselling experience.
Our ethos is to place our students at the centre of everything we do. We offer interesting and innovative Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK) and Pre-Foundation preparation programmes blended with skills development.
University Foundation College
Education and Community Manager
|Abu Dhabi||25 Jul|
Academic Quality Assurance Coordinator
Abu Dhabi University
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|