Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, ensures the team to meets the expectations, and liaises with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Encourages innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Collaborates with project team in review of project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Leads weekly Electrical meetings, reviews progress reports and required checking procedures.
- Initiate, manage and supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Organize and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of Electrical discipline engineers and designers, within the parameters of a project schedule.
- Understands and applies the Project Execution Plan (PEP) requirements - make-up and application (including the Engineering Plan).
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Reviews data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, and recommend actions.
- Crafts recommendations and reviews final documentation prior to customer approval.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Establish a list of discipline deliverables. Controls, monitors and progresses these deliverables to an agreed schedule.
- Reviews final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
- Review similar documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done by direct reports
- Lead the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports
- Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting systems
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years plus design experience within the infrastructure, oil and gas industry or power industry.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the electrical discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power point
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.