Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- You will provide electrical engineering services on large or mega projects to Worley' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Onshore/Offshore design, engineering including site visit experience is a must
- Incorporates safety in design and provides attention to sustainable design
- Well versed with High voltage systems at least up to 33kV systems inclusive of GIS, cables, transformers
- Preparation of Single Line Diagrams, Protection Metering Diagrams, Load Lists
- Power System Analysis using ETAP from modelling the system, to perform load flow, short circuit, dynamic motor starting, harmonic analysis, protection co-ordination, arc flash studies, Transient Switching studies
- Techno-economic approach in selection of the design options is a must
- Sizing calculations: Transformers, EDGs, AC/DC UPS including battery, PFCC, HV/LV cables, earthing, lightning protection as per IEC
- Well versed with selection of Ex rated equipment as per IEC Ex/ATEX and interpretations related to hazardous area classification
- Preparation of Specifications, Datasheets for equipment, materials; vendor interaction to complete TBE and Vendor Engineering Review
- Guiding designers in preparing the layouts for equipment arrangement, cabling earthing, lighting & small power, lightning protection
- Co-ordination with work-share office colleagues; checking and reviewing drawings/documents prepared by other colleagues
- Team player willing to walk that extra mile to ensure timely, quality delivery of the project
- Experience with MS-Excel automation, EMC awareness, Shell DEP, QP standards & practices will be an added advantage
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.