Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Principal ITS Engineer is responsible in preparing designs, reports and cost estimates for ITS projects to a high quality.
• Evaluating engineering problems and supporting senior staff, as necessary, to develop cost effective and robust solutions.
• Liaising with other technical disciplines, such as Highways, Structural and Electrical.
• Liaising with the Clients, Authorities and all project stakeholders and obtaining necessary ITS and UGN design approvals and NOCs.
• Allocating work to CAD operator and ITS Engineer, checking, monitoring and ensuring tasks are completed to a high quality, on-time and within budget.
• Keeping up to date with ITS technology.
• Managing resources and budgets.
• Supporting financial proposals and business development.
• Performing technically with good written and oral communications skills.
• Team-oriented professional eager and willing to lead and work collaboratively with colleagues to successfully achieve goals and expectations.
Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics from an accredited University. An advanced degree in the related field (ITS) is highly desirable.
• Over 10 years of experience in traffic engineering with special focus on ITS design.
• Over 3 years of experience in Qatar related to designing ITS and Unified Government Network (UGN) on local roads, expressways and tunnels infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of ITS technologies which includes ITS field infrastructure, equipment, enclosures, communications, local control rooms and national transportation management centers.
• Sound knowledge on planning and designing of ITS components.
• Conversant of UGN stakeholders, standards and procedures.
• Experience in traffic control systems and tunneling design.
• Experience in communications design and electrical power design of both fiber and copper networks and with producing general arrangement and detailed construction drawings.
• Experience in performing voltage drop calculations for ITS enclosures.
• Experience in developing ITS concept, preliminary, detailed and construction drawings.
• Experience in developing ITS concept of operations report and other ITS design reports.
• In depth knowledge of local and international ITS design standards, regulations and procedures.
• Provide support during ITS construction.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance requirements of ITS infrastructure.
• Apply engineering principles to develop cost-effective solutions.
• Conversant with Building Information Modelling Level of Detail II.
• Effective verbal communication – speaking and listening skills – with both technical and non-technical people.
• Effective written communication – able to structure sentences and paragraphs and correctly apply grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to effectively communicate with team members, managers and clients.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.