Job description / Role
Supports the Senior Project Manager in providing direction and management of the structural design requirements for the Large infrastructure project. Performs structural design reviews of RCC and steel structures and as assigned by the Senior Project Manager using conventional and moderately-complex engineering techniques and analyses. Reviews, coordinate and monitor various structural design works. Check the design compliance against the International Standards, project Specifications and local Authority requirements. Interfaces with the Consultant’s Design Team to monitor the design, schedule and performance. Review/respond to design RFIs and asses Change Orders. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Supports adherence to correct implementation of the project quality plan and quality procedures and productivity related to all structural-related type works in accordance with the program of planned work on the construction site.
• Responsible for overall management of the Structural design services (Bridge, Underpass, Infrastructure, Special structures, Geotechnical interface) performed by the Consultants and Contractors.
• Responsible for management of the design of the various Structural works by verifying consistency in the design with respect to the design criteria, local Authority requirements and International standards.
• Responsible for developing the scope of work, development and assisting the tendering process by the engineering staff, as necessary and to support the procurement of the design consultants as well as third party reviewers.
• Reviews and/or prepare specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents as necessary.
• Provides technical guidance to the construction team.
• Reviews design consultant’s submittals and perform technical reviews.
• Reviews and/or prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other documents as necessary.
• Supports the review and checks of structural designs and prepares responses to RFIs related to assigned design and construction projects.
• Reviews the scope of structural design work according to the contract and monitors progress of structural design work by others.
• Supports the Senior Project Manager in performing other tasks as deemed necessary as related to structural works.
• Provides necessary technical support and design review / audit services to project management team ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
• 4-year degree in Structural/Civil Engineering or closely related technical field
Further Qualification Required:
• Registration as a professional engineer desirable
• Proven ability to perform in a technical role, good written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required.
• In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
• 12 years of related work experience providing structural engineering services for construction projects
Further Experience Required:
• Experience in bridges, underpasses, infrastructure projects with demonstrated experience in design/construction of RCC/PSC/Steel Structures.
• Proven ability to perform in a management role, with good communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and International Standards.
• Experience in the construction of large civil/structural projects within Middle East is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Structural Engineer
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE
Senior Structural Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Principal Civil / Structural Engineer
Steel Structural Engineer