Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Candidate will be responsible and accountable for the overall and detailed engineering design, associated calculations and specifications of telecommunication configuration/equipment used on the offshore oil/gas facilities. Candidate shall be knowledgeable to review and check engineering documents prepared by consultants/contractors/suppliers and thereafter make sound recommendations suitable to the overall design.
It is a definite advantage for candidate to have experience in witnessing and approving FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) and SATs (Site Acceptance Tests) for instrumentation items.
- Design and selection of telecommunication equipment used on the offshore oil and gas facilities digital microwave radio, fibre optic cables including submarine cables, VSAT satellite system, auxiliary radios (HF SSB, VHF/UHF, AM NDB systems, RACON, trunk radio, PA and alarm systems and CCTV systems
- Use of codes, standards and practice applicable to the design and installation of telecommunication (eg. CCITT, CCIR, ISA, ANSI, AGA and IEC codes etc.,
- Co-ordinate all telecommunication design and development work in connection with new projects and modifications to existing installations and provide advice during construction/equipment and ensure compliance with the design, codes and standards.
- Provide professional advice in the selection of equipment and materials for new projects and replacements in existing installations.
Worley, Vision, Purpose & Values
- Understands and communicates Worley's Vision, Purpose & Values and translates the strategy into practical goals and objectives for self and team members
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Able to work in diverse team.
- Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicates in English clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters.
- Employs the principles of active listening and encourages feedback from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.