Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
You will provide process engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
- Deliver process engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise process engineering project requirements.
- Perform process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience :
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
Experience in carrying out surge studies using Pipenet Transient is mandatory.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the process discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Specialized expertise of the fundamental requirements of the process discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Specialized expertise of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of process design/engineering with wide experience in multi-discipline areas
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficient in process simulation packages such as HYSYS, Flarenet, PipeSys.
- PipeNet software experience for flow assurance.
- Good experience of carrying out dynamic simulations.
- Proficient in PFD / P & ID development.
- Specialized knowledge of Shell DEP's, API Standards (API-520, API-521, API-14C, API-14E) and statutory and regulatory requirements and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to process design for oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical facilities.
Industry Specific Experience :
- Minimum 5 years of process design in offshore oil & gas industry in a brownfield environment.
- FEED and detailed engineering experience is essential.
- Recent experience in an engineering consultancy in a multidiscipline environment is essential.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training :
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.