Job description / Role
- Responsible for creating the Material Master
- Responsible for reviewing and extracting the required technical data presented on SPF/SPIR (Stock Proposal Form / Spare Parts Interchangeability Record) for required materials (by referring to technical drawing, manufacturers catalogue, data sheets and Materials certificates) to form an accurate and comprehensive technical purchasing specification based on the materials specification and the working principle.
- Responsible for identifying the items where sufficient technical specification is available and promoting the Generalization (Generic nature of items such bearing, V-Belt, Gasket, Valves, Flanges, Stud Bolt etc.,) without detrimental technical impact.
- Responsible to run MIDD (Material Item Data Definition) software for maintaining the short description and purchase order text through MIDD functionalities on daily basis for completed SERVICES.
- Responsible for identifying similar classes and propose for rationalization wherever applicable. In addition, CONTRACTOR shall conduct a review on the already established template for any specific class and propose rearrangement and amendment wherever necessary.
- Update QM (Quality Management) / Inspection certification requirements based on working guidelines.
- Responsible for obtaining any additional data required to complete the cataloguing SERVICES.
- Responsible for rationalizing the data in each class by standardizing the entries, adding the approved values under each characteristic (CHAR), restricting the CHAR from entering the unapproved values.
- Responsible for reviewing given classes to clean up data, eliminating duplicates, populating missing data and reassigning incorrect assigned item to correct class.
- Initiate code change / obsolete-redundant forms as per guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing similar classes for rationalization and setting the Hierarchy.
- Responsible for creating Storage Bin, Info Records, Batch Management and Hazardous Master for applicable master records.
- Review pre-quote & post order queries and provide necessary resolution.
- Review and resolve CNRs (Complaint Notification Report) in a timely manner.
- Maintain documentation archive using ECM (Enterprise Content Management) software.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist Materials Engineer to evaluate technical offers of stock items, Co-ordinates as necessary with equipment owner and confirms technical suitability to purchasing.
- Ensures that item master/catalogue is updated according to the agreed description and specifications and materials attributes
- Assist Materials Engineer in a technical review process by investigating and making information available, to support the decision making process
- Tracking and following up on purchase requisitions/orders.
- Monitoring and maintaining current stock levels, Reviewing min/max stock levels with end-users, based on consumption/movement, criticality, business impact and delivery lead-time, and adjusting them.
- Periodically visiting the warehouse to check physical condition of stocked material to identify that which is not usable, and is to be replaced or can be disposed.
- Degree or Diploma in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical / Electrical).
- Degree with 5 years or Diploma with 8 years’ experience in supply chain environment required, preferably in oil and gas, of which a minimum of 3 years should be in Cataloguing of Engineering Materials.
- General knowledge of process system, Equipment & Materials used in Refineries and the Oil & gas Industry. Shall have good practical skills; hands-on experience in Procurement, engineering, construction, maintenance.
- Knowledge and Experience in reviewing Engineering drawings, process data sheets, parts list, Certificates, MSDS, SPIR and Manufacture Catalogues.
- Knowledge of Engineering and International Standards.
- Shall be Computer literate with specific knowledge of Material Equipment/Spare Parts cataloguing systems (Shell, Maximo or SAP) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Good written and spoken English, problem solving skills, technical communication and interpersonal skills.
About the Company
OilExec International strives to be recognised as a market leader in traditional and web-based recruitment and staffing solutions for the global oil and gas industry. The principal goals of the company are:
- To provide tools and services that improve our clients' recruitment business processes, resulting in measurable economies of costs, time and human resources.
- To facilitate both Jobseekers' access to worldwide oil and gas industry employment opportunities and recruiter's access to international professional personnel.
OilExec International achieves these goals through a combination of traditional HR recruitment methodology enhanced by the technological functionality of OilExec's online job-posting and resume database.