Job description / Role
• Knowledge of the construction industry and materials to understand the overall picture
• Strong knowledge with the necessary materials for the company’s projects, searching for the most cost-effective and appropriate materials for each job.
• The procurement manager also ensures the materials arrive on time and within budget. That’s no small feat in the construction world because prices on construction materials can fluctuate widely and with little warning.
• Must be adept at juggling all the moving parts of the job and overcoming daily challenges.
• Have a significant impact on each project’s cost savings and profitability.
• Managing the company’s supply chain strategy.
• Must ensure the materials meet acceptable quality regulations such as tolerances and maintain stock at an optimal level.
• Negotiate with suppliers and vendors for better prices, service, and delivery deals.
• Responsibilities in construction also encompass other duties that might not be as evident such as:
• Evaluating RFPs and bids. Procurement strategy includes assisting with creating requests for proposals (RFPs) and the evaluation of bids.
• Managing resources and defining deadlines. A construction procurement schedule identifies the different items needed to be purchased and the schedule needed to ensure each is available onsite at the right time. It is a helpful tool in developing the cash-flow plans for the project. The procurement schedule can also include the timeline for such line items as shop drawings, approvals, the project contract, building permits and the contractual notice to proceed. Understanding procurement times for items such as how long it typically takes to get shop drawings and approvals comes with experience.
• Involve coordinating the procurement schedule with the project manager and the project construction schedule. This is vital to the overall construction schedule and ultimately to the success of the project. For example, if the light fixtures are not in the staging area and ready to go when needed, the entire project schedule could be impacted, and the project could be delayed.
• Monitoring the building process. A procurement manager’s responsibilities don’t end with purchasing the materials and services necessary for the project. Throughout the project’s lifetime, he or she is responsible for managing contracts, change orders, submittals, evaluations, and performance.
• Serve as the organization’s representative for the finance department on procurement issues and procedures.
• Develop and coordinate new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes.
• Conducts analysis of program policies and procedures, develops plans, formulates guidelines, implements new developments and procedures, and provides policy interpretation for finance to purchasing customers within corporate guidelines.
• Prepare program guidelines, status reports and presentations for Finance and executive staff.
• Process account applications and maintenance actions and maintain accounts database.
• Monitor approval of accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships.
• Coordinate daily duties of procurement support staff.
• Participate in developing requirements and be involved in the automation/test of procurement and logistics software
• Assist in developing training material, preparing lesson plans, and overseeing procurement training.
• A supply chain and logistics professional (Certified), CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement Supply), CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional), CPPM (Certified Professional Purchasing Manager)
• Analytical thinking skills
• Superior negotiation skills
• Excellent communication and business skills
• Strong math skills and budgeting abilities
About the Company
Kheira Holding is a diversified Holding company that combines capital, innovation and exceptional services that are managed by our team of experts in their respective fields, directed to exceed customer expectations and deliver superior products and services.
Kheira Holding manages businesses in different sectors throughout Qatar and Mena region. The company designs, manufactures, engineers and markets thousands of exceptional products to an extensive customer platform locally and internationally, from consumer products to building and much more. The holding is diversified over 18 different sectors across the region with highly experienced human capital.
At Kheira Holding, we are passionate about our brands and always seek to provide the local and international markets with innovative products / services that would facilitate our customers business and yet add on the exceptional "KHEIRA" mark.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited