Job description / Role
• Execute Procurement activities as defined in the procurement and purchasing policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and suggest opportunities for improving the operations of the department to ensure continued delivery of the best services in the most cost-effective manner.
• Maintain preferred vendors’ list to ensure that goods and services are acquired from the best offer providers and within optimal time frame.
• Research market on prevailing prices, practices and vendors the goods and services to be acquired as well as utilized to information gathered to lead and facilitate evaluations of proposals.
• Compile prices and terms of the goods/services to be acquired to ensure that organization’s interests are best represented, and best offers are received.
• Coordinate delivery of goods purchased as well as liaise with vendors to resolve any logistics issues, conduct sit visits to suppliers whenever it’s required and facilitate vendors' site visits.
• Provide support to the organization in the purchasing of regular office supplies and administrative requirements.
• Create item specific forecasts over a rolling time horizon to be used for ordering and inventory management purpose.
• Maintain procurement’s records and files for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Conduct bi yearly local benchmarking on goods and services to ensure the best prices versus quality.
• Perform any other work-related duties assigned by the Procurement & Contracts Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Facilities Admin or related discipline.
• Post graduate degree such as MSc, MBA or PGD in a relevant discipline will be an advantage.
• Professional certification from relevant institutions will be an added advantage.
• Above 3 years of relevant experience.
• Good computer skills (Ms Office) and ERP system.
• Good awareness of Organization's operations including projects and initiatives.
• Good understanding of leading practices in procurement and vendor relationship management.
• Good understanding of Just-in-Time management.
• Basic understanding of contracting process and supplier management.
• Very good negotiation skills.
About the Company
ELAN Group was established in 2004 with the ambitious task of bringing international and unique advertising concepts to Qatar. By introducing the latest media tools to the market, with the support of globally experienced partners, we laid the foundations and set global standards for the country’s advertising sector.
Since then, we have evolved over the years to become a diversified and fully integrated media and entertainment company offering media, urban city beautification, events, and entertainment services throughout region.
ELAN Group delivers the very best in media, events, urban and entertainment services by engaging with our customers at every stage of each project and always putting them at the center of everything that we do.