Job description / Role
• Knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures and policies.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and web applications.
• Strong knowledge of analyzing and planning optimal sourcing and procurement strategies.
• Proficiency in English and Arabic.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
• Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders, senior executives, management team and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
• To provide support to the Head of Procurement with all the purchasing related activities with suppliers to ensure that ordered materials/products are received at stipulated times at a cost within established budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, supply chain or similar discipline from a reputable university.
• Relevant years of experience in procurement within the port/terminals industry.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies