Job description / Role
The Procurement Officer will work closely with the Client's Head Office Team and be responsible for overseeing procurement related activities as directed by the Head of Commercial and Procurement.
This will include:
- Developing and enhancing the Supplier management review and reporting process
- Building and developing effective relationships with both local Qatari and regional subcontractors
- Ensuring the Firm adheres to its governance, processes and procedures at all times
- Ensuring subcontractors deliver to time, cost and quality
Ideally, the candidate should be qualified, or working towards MCIPs or an appropriate procurement or subcontract management qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Subcontract management role.
- Knowledge of the applicable laws (UK & Qatar) and regulations.
- The ability to promote change and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Competent in the use of IT, spreadsheets, word processing and database management.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic operating environment, working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience of operating in both a Middle East and national interest environment would be preferred.
- Additional Language skills applicable to the Middle East environment, would be highly desirable.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies